Monday, November 9, 2009

and 3.1 miles too!

On Saturday, November 7, Yale, Nobie, Chuck and I ran a 5k to benefit the work of CAFFA (Coalition of Adoption and Foster Family Agencies.) It was a beautiful, sunny day. Nobie was amazing. She ran the race in under 35 minutes... she never walked once! Yale took off on his own and ran ahead of us while Chuck and I stayed with Nobie. I will be honest, Nobie's pace was just fine with me!

So my one mile for Saturday ended up being a 5k... as much as I enjoyed that distance, I am going to stick with the one-milers and not push it as reaching my goal of one mile a day every day for one year is important to me.

I shared this "goal" with three non-family members last week. I guess it makes it all the more real... yikes!

I am truly enjoying my little daily run. I can walk 13 miles but at the end I don't want to throw up my arms and shout "yeah!" For some reason after a one-mile run, I feel like I am running through the finish line and all I can do is smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers